Early Achievement Award
The Early Achievement Award is granted to a University of Houston-Clear Lake alumnus/a
(as defined below), age 45 or younger, for significant accomplishments in business
or professional life, or for service to the university and/or the UHCL Alumni Association.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to Development and Alumni Relations no
later than March 30 of each year. For more information, call 281-283-2021, or send
an e-mail to email@example.com.
Selection Criteria for Early Achievement Award
Eligibility: A nominee is eligible to receive the Early Achievement Alumni Award if he/she has
earned a degree or teacher’s certification from UHCL and has substantially met the
- Nominee must be age 45 or younger as of nomination deadline date.
- Nominee must have achieved a remarkable degree of prominence for someone of their
age, through professional achievements or service to the community or UHCL.
- Special consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated unusual initiative
by starting an innovative service project, business or some other original enterprise.
- Nominee must be able to accept the award in person at the annual UHCL Alumni Celebration
- Nominee must not be a current member of the Alumni Association Executive Council.
Download an Early Achievement Award Nomination Form (PDF)
Past Early Achievement Award Recipients
Katherine Becker, '03 BS, '06 MHA/MBA
Marla Davis Chandler, '96 BA, '01 MS
Kanchana Weerasinghe, '98 BS, '00 MS
M. Shane Spees, '97 MHA
Mitali Paul, '05 MHA/MBA
Nefertari Brown Mundy, '06 MS, '09 MS
Christa English George, '95 BA
James G. Springfield, '91 MHA
Corey J. Wilson, ’02 BS
Sameer Pande ’02 MS
Chris Wagner ’02 MS
Cris Curnutt Daskevich ’97 MHA/MBA