The Bachelor of science (BS) in Finance degree offered by University of Houston-Clear Lake's College
of Business is designed to provide students the lifelong knowledge and enhanced skill-set
required to accelerate their career aspirations.
Our program prepares students for career opportunities in areas such as:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial banking
- Financial planning
- Investment banking
- Money management
- Real estate investments
- Acquire a strong body of knowledge in financial theory, analysis, practices.
- Learn from full-time well published faculty, including faculty with CFA and CFP designations.
- Gain hands-on experience through case studies and projects.
- Strengthen ethical awareness and acquire a global perspective.
UHCL BS Finance Program Advantages
- Flexibility: Convenient evening and online classes for working professionals offered
throughout the year and in the summer. Suitable for both part-time and full-time students.
Evening classes start at 7 PM.
- Affordability: One of the most affordable BS Finance programs in the Houston metro
- Networking and career events: Finance networking night and Career Services sponsored
workshops offer career planning.
Providing Real-World Business Experience.
Finance faculty consult, serve on boards, involve themselves in the community, continue
to have active professional roles in their respective fields, publish, and do research
in accordance with AACSB accreditation standards. They hold PhD's and have worked
as professionals in their chosen fields, bringing first-hand business experience to
their students. No finance classes are taught by graduate assistants.
Dr. Dale Cloninger
Ph.D. - Florida State University
Dr. Roberto Marchesini
Ph.D. - University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Joseph McCormack
Ph.D. - Texas A&M University
Dr. Tim Michael
Ph.D. - University of South Carolina
Dr. Ivelina Pavlova
Ph.D. - Florida International University
Dr. Grady Perdue
Ph.D. - University of Alabama
Dr. Edward R. Waller
Ph.D. - Arizona State University
Dr. Jeff Whitworth
Ph.D. - Oklahoma State University
Dr. Melissa Williams
Ph.D. - Texas Tech University