Finance MS Online
The Master of Science (MS) in Finance degree offered by University of Houston-Clear
Lake's College of Business is designed to provide students the lifelong knowledge
and enhanced skill-set required to accelerate their career aspirations. Career opportunities
for recent graduates exist in areas such as corporate finance, commercial banking,
financial planning, investment banking, money management, and real estate investment.
- The program consists of 30 credit hours: 24 hours required and 6 hours Finance electives.
- Students will:
- Acquire a strong body of knowledge in financial theory, analysis, practices.
- Learn from full-time well published faculty, including faculty with CFA and CFP designations.
- Gain hands-on experience through case studies and projects. Strengthen ethical awareness
and acquire a global perspective.
UHCL MS Finance Program Advantages
- Affordability: Most affordable MS Finance Program in the Houston metro area.
- Small class size: students have access to professor and receive personalized attention.
- Flexibility: Convenient evening and online classes for working professionals offered
throughout the year and in the summer. Suitable for both part-time and full-time students.
Evening classes start at 7 PM.
- Online or face-to-face: The only local university in Houston offering an accredited
fully online MS Finance program.
- Networking and career events: Finance networking night and Career Services sponsored
workshops offer career planning.
- GMAT waiver available. Contact College of Business Advising for eligibility.
Providing Real-World Business Experience.
Finance faculty consult, serve on boards, involve themselves in the community, continue
to have active professional roles in their respective fields, publish, and do research
in accordance with AACSB accreditation standards. They hold PhD's and have worked
as professionals in their chosen fields, bringing first-hand business experience to
their students. No finance classes are taught by graduate assistants.
Dr. Dale Cloninger
Ph.D. - Florida State University
Dr. Roberto Marchesini
Ph.D. - University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Joseph McCormack
Ph.D. - Texas A&M University
Dr. Tim Michael
Ph.D. - University of South Carolina
Dr. Ivelina Pavlova
Ph.D. - Florida International University
Dr. Grady Perdue
Ph.D. - University of Alabama
Dr. Edward R. Waller
Ph.D. - Arizona State University
Dr. Jeff Whitworth
Ph.D. - Oklahoma State University
Dr. Melissa Williams
Ph.D. - Texas Tech University