Student Blackboard Support
UHCL is now utilizing the Official Blackboard Learn Help Site. If you've not visited the Official Blackboard Help Site before, we recommend that
you visit that page for information about Blackboard tools and features. You can access
commonly-asked questions in the FAQs section, check out new tips in the In the Spotlight
area, or enter keywords into the search field provided to look for information on
Several UHCL-specific documents will remain on this page. Instructions and videos
on the Blackboard Help Site are extremely useful and concise. Information on Blackboard Collaborate is on the Help Site.
If you have questions regarding anything not addressed on this page or the Blackboard
Help Site, please feel free to contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 or by email at email@example.com. When reporting a Blackboard-related issue to the Support Center, please include
in your email (or be prepared to tell the Support Center staff member who takes your
call) the following information:
- Your name and student ID number
- Your email address
- The rubric, course number, section number, and instructor of the course in which you
experienced the issue. For example, please state that the problem "occurred in INST
3313.04, taught by Mrs. Opalenik," rather than the problem "occurred in my Blackboard
- The location with the Blackboard course at which you experienced the problem. For
example, please state that "I was trying to submit an assignment called Midterm Essay,
which is located in the Assignments area of the course," rather than, "I couldn't
submit my assignment."
- The date and time at which the problem occurred.
- If possible, one or more screen captures of any error messages that you received or
that demonstrate the issue that you are reporting.
- To save time, please provide as much information as possible about the device that
you were using at the time the problem occurred. Critical information needed to troubleshoot
your problem includes:
- Device Type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
- Location (e.g., at UHCL, at home, at work, at Starbucks)
- Internet Connection (wireless or wired; dial-up, cable, DSL)
- Operating System and Version (e.g., MacOS 10.10, Windows 8.1)
- Web Browser and Version (e.g., Firefox 45.0.2, Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m)
The more information that you can provide when you report the issue will enable us
to diagnose and resolve your problem as quickly as possible. Please note that neither anyone in the Support Center nor on the Course Development
& Support Team can reset, clear, or otherwise alter an assignment submission or test/quiz
attempt without written (email) permission of the course instructor.
Stay current on Blackboard updates, alerts, online learning tips, and more by visiting and subscribing to the UHCL Blackboard Updates and Tips Blog.