University of Houston-Clear Lake Search   Home  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
     About UHCL      
     Site Map      

New Students

Registration Process

To register with Disability Services:

  1. Submit the Online Student Application.
    Expect an email confirming that we received your request.
  2. Provide documentation of your disability.
    You can upload it as part of your application, or submit it by mail, fax, or in person. Your health care provider may also submit the documentation directly to our office.
  3. Arrange an appointment to meet with our staff.
    If you are not able to meet with us in-person, we can communicate with you by phone.
  4. AAEC reviews your request.
    After you've completed steps 1-3, we present your request to the Academic Accommodations Evaluation Committee (AAEC). The AAEC meets once per week or as needed. Although applications for Disability Services are accepted at any point during the academic calendar, time is needed to verify the disability and/or to arrange accommodations, which are determined on an individualized, case-by-case basis.
  5. An Eligibility Letter indicates approved accommodations.
    Check your AIM account to view a copy of your Eligibility Letter which outlines the accommodations approved by the AAEC.

Types of Accommodations

Disability Services and the Academic Accommodations Evaluation Committee (AAEC) determine accommodations that ensure you have equal access in the classroom and campus life. Types of accommodations include but are not limited to:

  • Extended time for tests
  • Testing in a reduced-distraction environment
  • Notetaking assistance
  • Permission to audio-record lectures
  • Texts in electronic formats
  • Sign language interpreters

Student Accommodation Letters

Disability Services provides letters to you and your professors confirming that you are registered with us. The letters also provide the accommodations you are approved to receive. Accommodations are not considered official until you have discussed them with your professors.

Students who are officially registered with the Disability Services office may request their accommodation letters by completing the following process:

  1. Log into the AIM database.
  2. Select the courses in which you need accommodations.
  3. Select the specific accommodations you need for each class. 
  4. Submit your request to Disability Services for approval. 

First Year Students

We provide the following resources to assist you in the transition from high school to college:


Our office provides accommodations to veterans with disabilities. Our communication and meetings are discreet and confidential. We respect your service to our country.

The Veteran Services Office is UHCL's primary point of contact for all military and veteran services. The Veteran Services staff is committed to helping you and your eligible dependents with federal and state education benefits and act as a liaison between Veterans, the University, and the Department of Veteran Affairs.


Disability Services
SSCB 1.301

Phone: 281-283-2648
Fax: 281-283-2624

Fall and Spring Semesters
Mon - Thu: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm

Summer and Semester Break
Mon - Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm

Last updated: 10/08/2016 UTC
UHCL footer
Accessibility | Clery Act | Compact with Texans | Emergency Information | Maps & Directions | State Website Linking and Privacy Policy
Fraud Reporting | Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) | UH System | Public Information |MySafeCampus