University of Houston-Clear Lake Search   Home  
Human Resources  
     About UHCL      
     Site Map      

Public Information

Texas Public Information Act

The Texas Public Information Act (the “Act”) entitles individuals to information about the affairs of government in Texas and the official acts of public officials and employees in Texas, unless otherwise expressly provided by law. A Texas Public Information Act request is a request for public information that is maintained by a Texas governmental agency, such as the University of Houston System and any of its component institutions (e.g., the University of Houston (“UH”), the University of Houston-Downtown (“UHD”), the University of Houston-Clear Lake (“UHCL”), and the University of Houston-Victoria (“UHV”).

What Your Request Should Include

Your request should be in writing and should include the following information:
1) Your name and mailing address (so we can send you a response)
2) Your phone number (so we can contact you with questions about how to respond to your request)
3) A list or description of the specific information you are interested in obtaining, including time periods. Try to be as specific as possible about the information you are seeking. Please also specify which component institution (e.g., UH, UHD, UHCL, UHV) you are seeking the information from.

Where Your Request Should be Sent

Your request should be sent to the University of Houston System’s Public Information Act Officer via mail, fax, e-mail, or in person as follows:

  • By e-mail to
  • By fax to (713) 743-0726 (Attention: Public Information Act Officer)
  • By mail to 125 E. Cullen Building, Houston, Texas 77204-2021 (Attention: Public Information Act Officer)

How You Will be Charged

You will be charged in accordance with the Act and as detailed in the following procedures:

How to Find Additional Information About the Act

For more information about the Act, you may wish to refer to the Public Information Act Handbook published by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas (“OAG”).

How to Get a Copy of Transcripts or Other Student Information

In order to receive a copy of University transcripts or other student information, you should contact the registrar’s office as opposed to submitting a Texas Public Information Act request.

Transcript requests can be made by visiting the Academic Records website or clicking on the following link Academic Records - request a transcript.  A student can also make a transcript request in person by visiting the Student Assistance Center (SAC), Room 1102, Student Service & Classrooms Building. For additional questions regarding student records please call the Office of Academic Records at 281-283-2525.

Last updated: 11/07/2016 UTC
UHCL footer
Accessibility | Clery Act | Compact with Texans | Emergency Information | Maps & Directions | State Website Linking and Privacy Policy
Fraud Reporting | Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) | UH System | Public Information |MySafeCampus