New International Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Houston-Clear Lake and welcome
to our family. Your presence here enriches the UH-Clear Lake campus environment and
adds great diversity to our institution. New International Student Orientation is
your first chance to experience all that UHCL has to offer you! Attendance is mandatory for all undergraduate international students and for all F-1 and J-1 international graduate
students as you will benefit from valuable information that helps ease your transition to UHCL
and life in the United States.
New International Student Orientation Fall 2016
Fall New International Student Orientation is a Two Day Program and is Mandatory for
you to attend both days.
Day 1 - Wednesday, August 17, 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Day 2 - Thursday, August 18, 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM
You will have a hold placed on your account, and will not be able to enroll in classes
the following semester if you do not attend both days in their entirety.
Registration for Fall 2016 New International Student Orientation is now open and you
can access through your E-Services Account.
As part of New International Student Orientation (NISO), the Office of International
Admissions and Programs (OIAP), provides a complimentary one time pick up from George
Bush Intercontinental Airport or Hobby Airport for arriving new international students.
Guidelines for Airport pickup's for new students:
1) The service is only offered for new UHCL students upon their initial arrival in
Houston and is not available for current UHCL students or individuals who are not
2) The Fall 2016 service will be starting from July 18, 2016 to August 16, 2016. Remember
according to the U.S immigration rules you are not allowed to enter to the US prior
to 30 days before the Program Start Date listed on your I-20.
3) In order to avail this service, you are required to fill out the Liability waiver form and upload it with the request. You will not be able to submit the request until
you upload the filled form.
4) For the safety of our drivers, airport pickups will be offered for flights arriving
between 8:00 AM and 8:00PM. Airport security will not allow you to stay overnight
at the airport to wait for our service the next day.
5) Requests should be made as early as possible. Preferably 2 weeks in advance of
arrival date and no later than 3 days in advance of the arrival date.
6) In order to receive a confirmation, you are required to provide us with the address
of your drop-off location. The Drop-off Address must be in the Clear Lake area only.
7) We cannot confirm your Airport Pickup unless you register for New International
Student Orientation on August 17 and 18, 2016 using your E-Services account.
8) Cancellations must be made 2 days before the pickup date. We request that you inform
us about the cancellations 2 days in advance if you are no longer attending UHCL or
you have arranged an alternate method of transportation.
9) Because it is difficult to secure university vehicles, requests cannot be guaranteed.
However, OIAP will try its best to arrange for pickup's if given enough notice. OIAP will communicate with you via email as to the status of your request.
The most popular days for students to arrive are weekdays, Monday through Friday.
The most popular times for students to arrive are on flights landing around 2:30 PM,
4:00 PM, and 7:30 PM Central Time. We highly recommend that you consider booking
flights that arrive on these days and times to utilize the airport pickup service.
We suggest arriving at least a week prior to the orientation to get adjusted to the
If we cannot arrange a pick-up service, you may consider reserving a seat with Super
Shuttle. You can do this online through their website at www.supershuttle.com or by phone (800) 258-3826. The cost should be around $60 for a one way trip from
the airport. You can also use a taxi cab or uber service; however, please realize
that this may cost up to $100. You can also check the Airport websites for more information
about other local shuttle ground transportation.
Airport Liability Waiver form (Submit the signed form along with the airport pickup request)
Submit your airport pickup request.