University of Houston-Clear Lake    Search  Home  Login  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
UHCL Tab Bar

Non-Degree Seeking Status

Non-Degree Seeking
Non-Degree seeking students are those who are seeking admission for reasons other than the pursuit of a degree such as personal enrichment, graduate certificates or job enhancement. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. Should you decide to pursue a degree, you must reapply, pay the application fee and submit all of the required documents. Credit earned in non-degree status will not automatically be applicable to a specific academic degree program. Some graduate level courses are restricted to only degree-seeking students and the number of hours that can be applied to a Candidate Plan of Study(CPS)/degree plan may be limited.

Transients are students who will enroll in a non-degree-seeking status at UHCL for only one semester, generally to transfer coursework to another institution. Transient students must provide all documents required for admission prior to registration. Undergraduate transients will not be required to meet the composition and math requirement. In some cases, you may be exempt from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement. However, all other admission requirements must be met.

UHCL footer   

  Accessibility  |   Best Viewed  |   Clery Act  |   Compact with Texans  |   Emergency Information  |   Maps & Directions  
  State Website Linking and Privacy Policy  |   Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)  |   UH System  |   Public Information  |   Fraud Reporting  |   MySafeCampus