University of Houston-Clear Lake    Search  Home  Login  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  

Apply For Graduation

Apply Online for Graduation

Log on to your E-Services account.

Go to: Degree Progress/Graduation>Apply for Graduation

  • Select your current Academic Program.
  • School of Education students seeking Teacher Certification only do not need to submit a graduation application. (Contact the School of Education at 281-283-3600)
  • Select your Expected Graduation Term and click Continue. (Students will not be able to select a future term)
  • Verify your Diploma Name.
  • Answer all questions completely.
  • Please note: If you have current enrollment at another institution, you will be required to include your course information.
  • When you have completely filled out the form, click Continue.
  • Verify submitted information. You may return to change a term or your program. Submit Application.
  • Click OK to accept $80 fee ($95 fee for Professional Accounting).
  • Late applications will be assessed a $20 late fee.
  • You will receive a submission and may Go to Payment.
  • Graduate students: If you have two programs for which you are graduating, repeat this process for the other program. An application fee will be assessed for each program

Graduate students: If you have two programs for which you are graduating, repeat this process for the other program. An application fee will be assessed for each program.

How to Make a Payment

If you have a refund pending or available financial aid, your graduation application fee will be deducted and you do not need to make a payment. You may wish to check your “Charges Due.” Otherwise, proceed to make a payment as follows.

  • Complete credit card and billing address information.
  • Read and accept Refund Policy Disclosure Statement.
  • Click Next to continue.
  • For Amount enter $80 ($95 fee for Professional Accounting) and click Next.
  • Late applications will be assessed a $20 late fee.
  • Confirm submitted information. You may make corrections at this time.
  • Enter user ID and password. Click Validate Authentication and Submit.
  • To view payment click View Confirmed Payment.

How to Add a Diploma Address

(For diploma mailing only, all other mail will be sent to Mailing address.)

Go to: Campus Person Information>Addresses

  • Select Add a New Address.
  • Enter address information. Click OK.
  • Accept corrections.
  • Select from Address Types; Diploma. Save.

How to Update your Diploma Name

Diploma name change requests should be submitted prior to the close of the term in which a student has applied to graduate.

To have a name, other than the name on your student record, printed on your diploma you will need to complete the Diploma Name Change Form. If you are adding a name that is not on your student record you will need to provide documentation. Acceptable types of documentation are: Driver’s License or State Issued ID or one of the following along with a copy of a valid photo ID: Birth Certificate, Marriage License, Divorce Decree or Official Name Change Affidavit.

Submit the Diploma Name Change Form along with documentation to the Office of Academic Records. Forms can be submitted by Fax: 281-283-2530, Email: or In Person: Student Assistance Center (SAC), Room 1102 Student Services & Classroom Building.
Distance Education
Financial Aid
Student Business Services
Student Services
Transfer Advising
Contact Us

Office of Academic Records
2700 Bay Area Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058
Tele: 281-283-2525
Fax: 281-283-2530

UHCL footer   

  Accessibility  |   Best Viewed  |   Clery Act  |   Compact with Texans  |   Emergency Information  |   Maps & Directions  
  State Website Linking and Privacy Policy  |   UH System  |   Public Information  |   Fraud Reporting  |   MySafeCampus