University of Houston-Clear Lake    Search  Home  Login  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
Untitled Document

FAQ - Veterans Affairs

1. How do I apply for my veterans benefits?

If you have used VA benefits at another school, you will need:

If you have never used VA before you will need

2. When will the Office of Student Financial Aid office certify my VA ?

At the beginning of each semester, we electronically certify veterans who complete all the paperwork and have completed a UHCL Certification Request online.

3. How do I apply for Hazlewood benefits?

To apply for Hazlewood benefits, you must

  • Complete a Hazlewood Application
  • Submit a DD-214 (Honorable discharge, Home of Record, and 6 months of service MUST appear on DD-214)
  • A letter from VARO stating all VA Benefits have been exhausted
  • Hazlewood applicants must complete a FAFSA each year

Please note that the census date for each semester is the deadline for applying for Hazlewood.

4. How long will my Hazlewood benefits last?

Hazlewood benefits last for a total of 150 hours.

5. Can I receive VA benefits and financial aid at the same time?

Yes. If you meet the eligibility requirements for both VA and financial aid programs you may receive both. However, there are certain packaging rules the Office of Student Financial Aid must use when awarding your aid. In some cases, the amount of loan aid you receive may be reduced or canceled.

 Date Updated: 20-MAY-2011

Contact Us

University of Houston-Clear Lake
Office of Financial Aid
SSCB 1.105
2700 Bay Area Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058-1098

(281) 283-2480

(281) 283-2502


Fall/Spring Hours:
Mon-Thurs. 8am - 6pm
Fri. 8am-5pm

Summer Hours:
Mon-Thurs. 8am - 6pm
Fri. 8am-noon

School Code: 011711
UHCL footer   

  Accessibility  |   Best Viewed  |   Clery Act  |   Compact with Texans  |   Emergency Information  |   Maps & Directions  
  State Website Linking and Privacy Policy  |   Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)  |   UH System  |   Public Information  |   Fraud Reporting  |   MySafeCampus