University of Houston-Clear LakeEdit    Search  Home  Login/Logout  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
VSO Nav homie

Hazlewood Legacy Program

Required Hazlewood Documentation for First-Time Recipients

  1. Hazlewood Exemption Application Packet for Veterans
  2. Hazlewood Exemption Application Packet for Eligible Children and Spouse of Texas Veterans
  3. Copy of DD-214 (Member 4 Copy). Can be ordered from the National Archives or printed from eBenefits.
  4. Provide proof of dependent relationship (birth certificate, adoption certificate, marriage certificate, tax returns)
  5. Copy of Certificate of Eligibility from the VA in the student's name showing federal benefits have been exhausted. The student must complete the VA’s Application for Benefits to receive this form. This form is only required if the veteran parent has service time after 9/11/2001.
  6. Death Certificate (only if the veteran parent is deceased)
  7. Verification of hours used at other institutions (only if previous hours used are not included in the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Online Hazlewood Student Hours Database)

Student Services and Classroom Building third floor room 3.201.

University of Houston-Clear Lake
CAPT. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Veteran Services
2700 Bay Area Boulevard, Box 177
Houston, TX 77058-1098

(281) 283-3071

(281) 226-7297


9 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.

9:00 am-5:30 pm
9:00 am-12:00 pm

UHCL footer   

  Accessibility  |   Best Viewed  |   Clery Act  |   Compact with Texans  |   Emergency Information  |   Maps & Directions  
  State Website Linking and Privacy Policy  |   Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)  |   UH System  |   Public Information  |   MySafeCampus