University of Houston-Clear Lake    Search  Home  Login  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
VSO Nav homie

Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance

First time recipients at UHCL must provide the following documents to the VSO in full before certification for your enrollment can be processed.

  1. Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
    • If this is your first time receiving VA education benefits, please go online and fill out a VA Form 22-5490 through the VON-APP system. Note: Copy must be an electronic version with confirmation number. You will receive your COE once you have been approved.
    • If you have already been receiving VA education benefits, this is the letter that is mailed out from the VA after each enrollment certification is processed for a semester term.
    • Your COE allows the VSO to determine that you are currently entitled to receive VA educational benefits, your benefit percentage payable by the VA, and the amount of time you have remaining to use your benefits.
  2. VA Form 22-1995
    • If you have been using VA education benefits at another institution, you will need to fill out VA Form 22-1995 through the VON-APP system from the GI Bill website. Note: Copy must be an electronic version with confirmation number.
  3. Candidate Plan of Study (CPS)
    • This is your degree plan obtained and signed by your academic advisor from one of the following schools your degree is in:
      • School of Business: Phone: (281) 283-3110
      • School of Human Sciences and Humanities: Phone: (281) 283-3334
      • School of Education: Phone: (281) 283-3600
      • School of Science and Computer Engineering Phone: (281) 283-3711

Student Services and Classroom Building third floor room 3.201.

University of Houston-Clear Lake
CAPT. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Veteran Services
2700 Bay Area Boulevard, Box 177
Houston, TX 77058-1098

(281) 283-3071

(281) 226-7297


9 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.

9:00 am-5:30 pm
9:00 am-12:00 pm

UHCL footer   

  Accessibility  |   Best Viewed  |   Clery Act  |   Compact with Texans  |   Emergency Information  |   Maps & Directions  
  State Website Linking and Privacy Policy  |   Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)  |   UH System  |   Public Information  |   MySafeCampus