University of Houston-Clear Lake Search   Home  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  


Students should schedule a session with the academic advisor immediately upon arrival. Academic advisors are located in the CSE Dean Office, Bayou Building Room 3611. You may phone them at 281-283-3711 or e-mail Please visit the CSE Academic Advising page to find out more information.

The academic advisor

  • Helps students set up draft CPS
  • Co-approves the CPS
  • Partially evaluates students' academic records
  • Processes lower-level course waiver requests
  • Assigns a faculty advisor to every student

The academic advisor will assign faculty advisors to STAT students

The faculty advisor:

  • Approves elective courses
  • Determines foundation courses students need
  • Co-approves the CPS
  • Evaluates the academic records of the student, if needed
  • Helps students set up an individual study plan
  • Offers advice on course selection
  • Advises on requests to waive courses.

Before meeting with the faculty advisor, students should

  • Select the elective courses they want
  • Contact the academic advisor to verify that the faculty advisor has received their file


Last updated: 09/09/2016 UTC
UHCL footer
Accessibility | Clery Act | Compact with Texans | Emergency Information | Maps & Directions | State Website Linking and Privacy Policy
Fraud Reporting | Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) | UH System | Public Information |MySafeCampus