- According to the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), CETs must have 270 hours of training in safety…So we are using that standard for our students as well.
- Your internship/coop/position should have a 270-hr RECENT (within the calendar year) field experience. Note: Dr. Akladios can send you some
leads, or talk to employers Dr. Akladios is in contact with, but it is Your responsibility
to obtain your own internship/Co-op for yourself.
- You will need to receive approval from the instructor regarding the field/type of
internship you are planning to take
- For Fall 2017, the required hours will increase to 300 hours.
- You will need to send Magdy Akladios your supervisor's contact information (ASAP) so Dr. Akladios can establish communication
with him/her to determine your workload, progress, and tasks.
If you have any questions please contact Magdy Akladios.