Society of Industrial Hygienists and Safety Professionals
We would like to invite you to participate in AIHA & ASSE student local chapter for
Industrial Hygiene and Safety Professionals at University of Houston-Clear Lake. We
always welcome new members to join our group. Any student with an interest in the
fields of Environmental Health and Safety is eligible for membership upon payment
of membership dues. If you have questions about the student chapter here at the University
of Houston-Clear Lake please feel free to contact any of the officers.
Our chapter stays involved through service projects, social events, and monthly meetings.
Our goal as a student organization is to have general meetings each month unless otherwise
scheduled by the Executive Committee. Meetings usually consist of new and old business,
competition team updates, and a presentation by a professional about their job and
company. Browse the website! Come to a meeting and check us out!
Benefits of Joining the Local Student Chapter of AIHA & ASSE
Purpose is to engage students at various educational levels, and apprise them of opportunities
available to them in the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (OEHS) industry;
provide opportunities for students to learn more about their chosen area of study;
promote interaction between students and professionals in the field of OEHS.Engage
students at various educational levels
- Apprise them of opportunities available to them in the OEHS industry
- Provide opportunities for students to learn more about their chosen area of study
- Promote interaction between students and professionals in the field of OEHS
- Provides proof and ability of administrative experience
- Provides students with professional membership with the National Chapter and other
benefits at discounted prices
- Offers many opportunities and experiences that enable you to grow professionally including:
Professional Online Journals, Job Boards, Professional Workshops
- Allows students to become part of a community of more than 11,600 experienced professionals
from every industry worldwide who are dedicated to health and safety in the workplace,
community, and environment
- Provides sense of community and belonging
- Offers opportunities to take advantage of job hunting resources such as to find a
job or post a job opening with AIHA's CareerAdvantage, or ASSE's Gulf Coast Jobsite
Not a SIHSP member?
Become a SIHSP member in three easy steps...
- Fill out the SHISP Application online. Sign-up now for only $1.00/year
- Print and sign the application
- Submit your application to one of the officers