Faculty Research Support Funds
FACULTY RESEARCH SUPPORT FUND [FRSF]
All faculty members are invited to submit research proposals for the FRSF competition
by 5 p.m. on the following dates:
FY16 funding cycles: Sept. 15, 2015 (Tues.) and Mar. 15, 2016 (Tues.)
FY17 funding cycles: Sept. 15, 2016 (Thurs.) and Mar. 15, 2017 (Wed.)
FRSF Interim Funding Changes
- Faculty salaries for summer and academic semesters are not currently being funded.
- Research travel budgets must reflect the State of Texas or US General Services Administration
approved rates for meal/lodging per diem.
- The maximum FRSF proposal funding ranges from $5000 - $6000.
- Refer to the FRSF Policy and Procedures, and see page 8 for more eligible and non-eligible FRSF funding information.
- Refer to the Format for Cover Page for a template of the cover page to included with your proposal
- Review the Hints for FRSF Proposals and the FRSF Tips & Suggestions for great tips and information to include
INFORMATION ON FRSF PROCESS
The updated process steps are listed below. Five printed copies are no longer required.
Instead, please send the proposal and vita as attachments through university email.
1. REQUEST DEAN'S SUPPORT
The investigator should send one email, with the FRSF proposal and vita attached,
to the dean of the faculty member's school requesting project support. Please copy
the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), firstname.lastname@example.org, on this email. OSP will acknowledge receipt of the proposal and vita. (A copy to
the dean's secretary is also strongly advised.)
2. COMPLETED SUBMISSION
The dean's support email should be sent to OSP, email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on the last day of the FRSF cycle. The dean's support will be electronically
acknowledged. The submission process is now complete.
3. PROPOSALS TO COMMITTEE
OSP will send the proposal, vita and dean's support to each FRSF committee member
for review and consideration.
The FRSF committee will meet after that cycle's deadline to discuss all proposals.
Faculty proposers will be notified after that cycle's FRSF committee meeting of their
proposal's status via email from the Office of Sponsored Programs with a copy to their
Final Report Reminder: A final report from a previous award must be received by OSP before a new FRSF proposal
is eligible for FRSF committee's review. UHCL Policy states that final reports are
due 90 days from the end date of a FRSF award.