Your School. Your Voice.
Come voice your opinions and concerns at our open forum styled SGA meetings, where
student organizations and university offices also promote their on-campus events that encourage an active
Governance. Outreach. Advocacy. Leadership.
SGA is composed of internally-selected representatives from each of the recognized
student organizations. Meetings are open to all interested students. SGA's four primary
- Advocate for and speak on behalf of the student body at large
- Provide input to university administration on student and organizational issues
- Elect/appoint students to university committees
- Allocate funds to the student organizations
SGA receives funds from Student Services fees every academic year. This allocation
is used for sponsoring events that compliment further development of recognized student
Include speakers, seminars, workshops, special events, and conference travel and
can be found in the SGA constitution on our Forms page.
Under no circumstances does SGA fund more than 45% of the total cost of a travel event
or more than 50% of the total cost of any on-campus event.
- Eligibility: Organizations eligible for SGA funding must attend at least 60% of regularly scheduled
- Presentations: Organizations requesting under $399 are required to present one fund request presentation.
Organizations requesting $400 or more must present twice and should amend their request
depending on what occurs during the first presentation.
- Voting: A quorum (50% + 1) of SGA members from recognized student organizations must be
in attendance to conduct official business and pass requests.
- Post-Vote: If an organization's fund request is passed, they must contact the SGA advisor on
the process of being reimbursed for their expenses no later than 2 weeks after the
event takes place.
Fill out the following forms to make a fund request:
Other forms can be found in the Fund Request section on our Forms page.