University of Houston-Clear Lake Search   Home  
University of Houston-Clear Lake  
     About UHCL      
     Site Map      

ID Cards, Campus Postings, Lockers and Drop-Off Service

ID Cards


ID Cards are necessary for general identification, use of the library, admittance to computer labs, check cashing, AV check-out and admittance to the Campus Recreation. ID cards are made throughout the year whenever the Student Life Office is open. Students are eligible to make an ID card once they have paid a portion of their semester fees.


  • Should have paid a portion of their semester fees.
  • Require student ID number.
  • Copy of the tuition fee payment receipt.
  • Original picture ID (driver's license, Passport, State ID, etc).

At the beginning of the semester, it is helpful to bring a copy of your fee statement. As the ID machine is not linked to E-Services it does not update automatically and there might be a delay between the time you pay and your payment reflected in the ID machine system. If you are not in immediate need of your ID card, you may want to wait until the lines at the start of the semester diminish. You can print this statement from E-Services.

Semester Stickers

ID cards are updated with semester stickers every semester. Stickers are available in the Student Life Office and at the Student Assistance Center. It would be helpful if you bring a copy of your fee statement printed from E-Services.

Campus Postings


  • All the flyers that are to be posted On Campus need to be stamped in the Student Life Office.
  • Permission to post flyers outside office suites may be granted only by staff members in that office.
  • Any event held on-campus needs to include the American Disability Act disclaimer.
  • All flyers will be up for a maximum of one month.
  • Flyers are only to be posted on approved boards and kiosks.
  • Flyers are not to be posted on glass, window, doors, wood railings or walls, bathrooms, elevators, etc.


Non-UHCL Organizations: A maximum of 4 flyers can be posted on approved kiosks. You need to ask for locations to post when you have your flyer stamped.

UHCL Student Organizations and Offices: A maximum of 35 flyers can be posted in approved locations for ALL sponsored events.


The Student Life Office provides lockers to the students and employees for rent and are located in the Bayou Building.

Locker Fee: $12.00 (valid for one semester)
Renewal Fee: $12.00
Replacement Key: $6.00

A locker fee valid for one semester needs to be paid at the Student Life Office to obtain the locker. If they wish to renew the locker, a renewal fee needs to be paid to continue using the locker.In the event the key is lost or stolen, there will be a replacement fee. Replacement keys can take up to 4-6 weeks to be made. The student/employee has the option to be assigned a new locker while a replacement key is made.

If a student/employee needs access to his or her locker and does not have the key, he or she must contact the Student Life Office during business hours so that a staff member can open the locker with a master key. A student/employee ID must be presented at that time.

Abandoned Items

Articles left in the locker after control of the locker is relinquished and/or the deadline date has passed will be turned over to the University Police Department for subsequent disbursement according to established University policy regarding the disbursement of unclaimed property.

Drop-off Service

The Student Life Office provides a drop-off service for UHCL students, staff and faculty.


UHCL students, staff and faculty may drop-off items for each other to be picked up at a later date.

Forgotten Items

If items are not picked up within 30 days of drop-off, the person who dropped the item will be notified. If not retrieved within 14 days of this notification, the item will be trashed.


UHCL Student Life Office
SSCB 1.204
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 198
Houston, TX 77058

Phone: 281-283-2560
Fax: 281-283-2566

Last updated: 10/12/2016 UTC
UHCL footer
Accessibility | Clery Act | Compact with Texans | Emergency Information | Maps & Directions | State Website Linking and Privacy Policy
Fraud Reporting | Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) | UH System | Public Information |MySafeCampus